Monday, February 11, 2008

More snow

The kids and I finally made it back to Taos last week. It took us two full days of driving because of the snowy roads. We’re glad to have made it. Thanks, Dad for bringing us. It snowed a couple of days earlier this week and all the schools and public stuff closed. Even Jake got the day off, so we spent the afternoon starting seeds for flowers we want to plant in the yard this spring. Our little bathroom has been converted into a toasty warm greenhouse. It’s funny to think about landscaping and flowers when it’s still cold out.
Sage has been on a Valentine-making frenzy ever since last Saturday when we went to a Valentine workshop at her favorite art museum.
Keiger is such a goof. He is having some serious sharing issues with his sister (toys, attention, or anything really). He’s such a little squealer! (Hence the girly, but cute picture) We’re a little worried that he’s starting to act this way already. But how do you teach a one year-old to share? It’s pretty funny. Keiger has also been in to book more lately. Here is a picture that I just had to take with everyone doing there bedtime reading.
We got to go skiing again to Sipapu. That is where I (Jacob) tried to fly through the trees, but this time Morgan had some fun and had a good enough wreck that she had a yard sale (lost skis and poles). I missed it, which is unfortunate because she doesn’t crash often; in fact that was the first crash since our marriage. (Morgan has come in and told me I need to explain that she hasn’t crash because she is such a “beautiful skier” – OK, I consent.
Anyway here is a better picture of the Latir Wilderness from the west side of the Rio Grande.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

It looks like you are all having fun. Miley said to me tjis morning. I really miss Sagers. When is she coming to visit. I want to play with her. It was cute but made me a little sad that we are so far away. We miss you but are glad you are having so much fun!

Daisha said...

when i saw that pic of keiger I saw some of Jacob in him for the first time. Nice to talk to you yesturday.

Jeff and Lea said...

That is a lot of snow. Sage looks like she loves playing in it. Morgan I bet you are a "beautiful" skier. Although, I never knew you skied. I think that's great you are taking advantage of the snow. Keiger looks so adorable in that picture. I think he looks like Jake a little bit.