Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Keiger, Keiger, Keiger

So things are a little different here in Taos. There are all sorts. I was having lunch with some friends on Friday, and we got to talking about nutrition and how much we’ve learned about food since we’ve come to Taos because there are some very health-conscious people here. Anyway, these gals started talking about food stuff that I had never heard of before so now I am totally paranoid about all the hydrogenated oils I’ve been feeding my kids, because apparently they are very bad for you. And to top it off, the next day I find Keiger with all this white stuff oozing out of his mouth and discover that he’s eating clay. Wonderful. Oh, Keiger. Sometimes I don’t know what to do with this kid. Lately, he has discovered climbing. It’s so not a good thing. I was doing dishes the other day and turn around to see him on top of the kitchen table playing with markers. Then one morning as I was getting out of the shower, I hear this huge crash and Sage comes trotting into the bathroom to tell me Keiger had fallen. He had climbed up on the computer desk and fallen down while trying to reach the phone. He brought the laptop and the phone down with him. You’d think all this falling would deter him, but he’s relentless. So if you happen to stop by the house and see all the chairs turned upside down, you’ll know why. I’m just trying to protect our crazy, but lovable Keiger.
Oh, and on President's Day we went for a hike on the Pueblo River a tributary to the Rio Grande. Keiger actually "hiked" half of it himself - about 1/2 mile. He would have nothing to do with the backpack until he got tired. It was a cool but beautiful day.

4 comments:

Daisha said...

reminds me of Dom . . . so many new adventures with a little boy!

Suzie said...

What a ball of energy. I love your pictures and the experiences you share. I can't wait until it's a little warmer and we can go on hikes more.

Natalie said...

It seems that kids think somethings are just worth it. It doesn't matter what happens they will still do it! Glad you had a fun hike. It always nice to play outside.

Erich said...

What a character...hopefully he'll grow out of the climbing stage soon. I know my neice is a compulsive little climber as well so you are not alone!
The waterfall looks fun, that's impressive Kieger did so much of the hiking himself.

Kara