Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving, Keiger's B-Day & more

Even though we weren’t able to visit any family, we still had a great Thanksgiving this year. We ate with some friends and their family, and it was fancy! All of the food definitely had a southwestern flair. I’ve never had such spicy mashed potatoes! I guess I should be getting used to hot food by now.
Once again, we ventured out into the woods to cut our Christmas tree. Thankfully, we had a wee bit of a snowstorm this week so there was enough snow in the mountains to be able to play. The kids got tired of looking for a tree pretty quick, so we sledded while Jake tromped around the forest. I don’t think he minded that, and he ended up finding a fantastic tree. Sage got pretty brave while we were sledding and decided to go solo. She had a few good runs…and a few good biffs. Jake managed to capture this sweet sequence on photo.






We were able to meet up with the Glecklers while they were visiting family in Albuquerque for Thanksgiving. It was really nice to see them. Jacob is seriously very cute, and such a good baby.

Ski season has opened here in Taos, so I’m super anxious to go. Even Sage says she’s ready to try again this year. Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!



Keiger celebrated his 2nd birthday this week. I can’t believe we have two-year-old! Kei was basically afraid of everything during his b-day. He was totally scared to unwrap presents, and there was no way he was going to blow out the candles on his front-loader cake. I’m glad we have a boy so I could finally create that cake!
Jake had meetings in Albuquerque this week so we stayed with him in the hotel and had a great time swimming and playing at the children’s museum. We also got to hang out with the Munns, which was very fun. Bailey is getting sooo big, and so pretty! She has such gorgeous eyes! We went to the River of Lights Christmas show at the Botanical Garden. Sage was so excited to lead us all around. She was running all over the place! And Beth and Chance were super kind to watch the kids so we could go to the temple which was really nice.
Oh, and if anyone cares, Chicken has finally started laying eggs. We just happened to look into the nest on Sunday and low and behold 3 eggs! It must be a combination of more food, light during the night (we rigged a heat lap up to keep the water from freezing) and the kids not torturing her.

6 comments:

Jill W said...

What an adorable cake! Congratulations on your chicken finally laying eggs! That's one thing off the grocery list! How fun that you got to see people from the good ole days in Moscow!

Erin said...

I can't believe how big Keiger is! What a cutie! I guess I should check the blogs more often. Love the cake! It's so fun to hear about your adventures in Taos.

Katyanne said...

I did that same cake for soren...but mistake number one..forgot until the second the red dye dripped on the frosting that red dye doesn't turn red but pick...as the drop soars down I am thinking...NO!!!!!!!! aw crap!. I tried to turn it a different color but purple was the closest it was coming...sort of green but should have stuck with the yellow. Yours turned out much better than mine.

Daisha said...

We got your gift in the mail. . . . Have a very Merry Christmas!

Nathan said...

Morgan... That cake is AWESOME! Masterfull really. I bet you had so much fun making it. It's good to see you all are having tons of fun.

Raelene said...

Turely amazing! Morgan you are so creative and fun...I am sure you kids love that about you. Hey I am a little late, but I need you address to send a Christmas card. email me at raelenepeterson@hotmail.com

Thanks and Merry Christmas!