Monday, June 30, 2008

Crazy June

June has been really busy. We just got back from Oregon for the funeral of Jacob’s Grandma. It was really nice to see all the family. We are grateful to have been able to go. On the car ride there, Sage was pretty funny. She noticed some train tracks outside her window, so she said, “Look Keiger…train tracks.” But of course, with Sage’s little voice it sounded more like “twain twacks.” So Sage continues to say to Keiger, “Can you say twain twacks?” Since Kei adores attention from Sage, he obediently responds, “Tu-Tuh!” The rest of the conversation went as follows:
Sage: “No…twain twacks.”
Keiger: “Tu-Tuh!”
Sage: “Twain twacks.”
Keiger: “Tu-Tuh!”
Sage: “Twain twacks!!”
Keiger: “Tu-Tuh!”
This hilarious exchange went on for a while. I was laughing pretty good! Keiger is actually saying a lot more lately. It’s pretty funny to hear him count to three. It sounds like, “ buh, boo, whee!” Funny kid. I’m a little worried that he has anger issues, though. If we tell him he can’t do something, he has to throw something as a way to vent, or else he shakes his pointer finger back and forth, like he is saying, “no, no, no.”
We had a “Fancy Nancy” night over the weekend, since we (Sage and I) adore the “Fancy Nancy” children’s books. Anyway, we had some fancy lessons and got all dressed up to go to Wendy’s for frosties. Sage was simply elegant with all her jewelry and high heels. The best part of the night was watching Keiger prance around in the high heels before bedtime. I couldn’t stop laughing!
Here’s a picture of Sage getting attacked by the hose. Crazy the things she comes up with! That had me laughing pretty hard too!
Okay, so here’s the latest little project we’ve discovered. You can make your own sun hat, and actually, they’re pretty cute! You just take 2 sheets of newspaper and cut them into big squares. Then you make a paste with equal parts flour and water. Using a paintbrush, cover one of the newspaper sheets with the paste, then put the other newspaper square over it like you’re gluing them together. Here’s the funny part. You put the newspaper over your head and tie a string around your head to mold the paper to your head. You have to leave it there for 10 minutes, so I just sat Sage in front of the TV since she was not excited to have anything on her head. After the 10 minutes, take off the paper and put if on a flat surface to let it dry completely, just don’t disturb its shape. When it’s all dry, you trim the paper to form the circular brim around the hat. Kinda fun, and not messy at all! One last thing…Just finished reading Stephenie Meyer’s “The Host.” Very good. I sure like her. And I’m in the middle of “I Capture the Castle” by Dodie Smith. I’m really into it. It’s like Jane Austen, but a bit more modern—I’m into it. We’ll see how it ends.
Oh, Jacob ended drawing a deer tag for the fall, but no elk. We’re both a little bummed. I really don’t like deer meet, and Jacob just wanted to shoot an elk, but at least he gets to go hunting (I can’t believe I wrote that), so he needs to start shooting his bow. He volunteered to shoot prairie dogs out of the yard of some friends and to shoot coyotes at the missionaries house, but that’s not too surprising is it?

5 comments:

Jeff and Lea said...

Hey Youngs, sorry to hear about Jake's grandma. The train conversation is priceless! Too cute. Love the picture where you are all dressed up. Are you still coming to Oregon in August? And what were the dates again?

Daisha said...

I can't wait to see those kids . . . Sage seems like she's hilarious. That pic with the hose is so funny! Can't wait to see you again!

Chance and Beth said...

Morgan you always have the best craft ideas! Where did you come up with the hat? And what a great sport Jacob is in the purple boa!!

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

I love love love your blog it's so cute. and I loved the book the host. I like all of her stuff. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff though. As soon as I figure out how to get other people's blogs onto my blog you will be added.
love you guys!

Jill W said...

Nice purple boa, Jacob! Your kids are just too cute. I hope Lucy is that good with Lily in a few months, and I hope Lily adores Lucy like Keiger adores Sage. I can't wait to see you at the "Moscow Reunion in SLC" as I'm calling it!