Monday, November 19, 2007

We Love Shayla!

Today is Shayla Day! Everyday should be Shayla Day, because whenever I think about Shayla, I am happy. Shayla, you are someone I am honored to know. One of my most special days was when I got to go to your wedding. During the ceremony, there was this beautiful spirit about you that I knew came from the purity of your life, your worthiness and innocence, and just who you are. That left a very real impression on me, and I am still so grateful to remember being in the temple that day.

I also hope you know that you are quite famous. Whenever I visit my grandparents or connect with old friends, they always ask about you. I hope you know that you influenced so many people.

Sage colored in the “We Love You, Shayla!” poster for you. She has been taught that when you use an exclamation point, you are to say it with passion. So when we say we love you, we really mean it. And, you must know that Sage was adamant that we make a poster for Bryan too. So sorry! But, Bryan, we do love you. I am so glad you guys were married to be there for each other and to help each other.

Shayla, I love being around you. You have a way of just lifting people up and making others feel good that is so contagious. The spirit I felt from you on your wedding day still remains. It teaches me of everything that is good and right and what I want to be. You’re awesome. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus are so proud of you and that you are so close to them. I am so grateful to be in this family so I could know you. I love you, Morgan
_____

Hi, Shayla! I just looked at Daisha and Cole's blog spot for the first time and saw the photographs of new little Tessa in your arms. I thought how beautiful you both are!! Quite the miracle girl, that's you, Shayla! When I think back to that scary, scary time two years ago and realize all the tender mercies in your behalf and all the huge courage and incredibly hard work and commitment that you and those who love you have expended (especially Bryan and your mom), it's amazing! What a cherished example you have been for all of us who know and love you even though we're so far away.

Whenever I get bogged down, thinking something is really hard - I think of you and the days and days of difficult that you have tackled and conquered with such style and fortitude. You have accomplished so very, very much that I tell people about your story all the time and then your powerful influence for good is sent out from your life to the lives of others you don't even know about. The ripples of your strength and goodness just keep going on and on! I am so grateful for your beautiful smile, your soft, sweet voice that you have worked so hard to be able to express, your tender love for your dear family - especially the little ones, your sparkling eyes that really light up when you are happy, and the sweetest spirit that absolutely shines from within you, On the days of discouragement that sometimes come - be sure to remember all that is so very lovely and special about who you are! And remember too Moroni 7:29 - Have miracles ceased? Nay, and the work of angels is all about us! Here's to the next two years of mighty miracles!!

I'm sorry that all the real work is left to you all - but I hope it helps to know that our prayers and fasts and invisible hugs are continually sent your way from clear down here, and the power of your influence is being continually felt and shared far beyond what you might imagine. Best to you for a memorable Thanksgiving Day. We love you! Jayne, Steve, Mackenzie, and all our extended clan!
_____

Wow, two years since you where gifted back to us – and it is a true gift. It is too bad that we are so far apart so we can more fully appreciate the inspiring person you are. But, we are really excited that you and Bryan are coming to Phoenix, it will be a blast (at least for you guys – darn trainings ;-) Thank you for being our miracle sister, who has brought so much happiness and joy into our family for as long as I can remember (except that period of time that you wouldn’t eat anything that mom cooked for dinner and only wanted ’Cheerios’ – by the way I think you some how passed that on to Sage J).

So today I am grateful for you, Shayla, for the light you shine to all of those around you, for the fighter you are, the example, the embodiment of hope and courage in the face of adversity. You have no idea how much you mean to me and those around you. I LOVE YOU and am grateful for the privilege to be your brother. - Jacob

May each new day bring more light to our Sunshine on a Stick!


3 comments:

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Hey, careful what you wish for. Janna was looking at your blog last night and said that we should take a trip down to NM to visit you guys. Maybe we will have to come down for a long weekend, like maybe for Memorial Day Weekend but hopefully sooner than that.

Erica said...

Since when do you blog? and why did I not know about this? Thanks for the big tears running down my cheeks. Those were beautiful words. I am so glad that you guys are blogging. I love keeping in touch!

Jeff and Lea said...

Hey Young family, wow your kids are getting so big, especially your little guy. Seems like you guys are doing well in New Mexico. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and have a great Christmas!